Israeliana, Suite for Violin and Piano
Israeliana, Suite for Violin and Piano : Full Set$26.00
Prelude – Flocks – Feast Dance – Hamsin (Heatwave) – Ancient Oriental Dance – Druze Dance
Publisher: The Marc Lavry Heritage Society
The six movements of the composition, as Lavry described them, are:
- Andante Maestoso – Prelude: A choral with an ethnic rhythm, kind of a slow Hora.
- Allegretto – Flocks: A picture of the flocks on the Galilee mountains and a shepherds’ dance.
- Allegretto – Feast Dance: Allegretto in six-eighth meter.
- Andante – Hamsin (Heatwave): Monotonous andante.
- Andante – Ancient Oriental Song: An arrangement of an ancient song I heard sung by Bracha Zfira.
- Allegro – Druze Dance: A Debka as I saw it being danced by young Druz men, masculine and war-like. The dance always excited me and I found that arranging it was emotionally cathartic.