Fantastische Suite (Fantastic Suite) for Orchestra
Fantastische Suite (Fantastic Suite) for OrchestraFREE
Allegro moderato (Vorspiel) – Allegretto (Scherzo) – Andante – Allegro – Tempo di Marcia (Groteske)
Publisher: The Marc Lavry Heritage Society
The Fantastische Suite consists of five movements:
- Allegro moderato (Vorspiel)
- Allegretto (Scherzo)
- Tempo di Marcia (Groteske)
The Fantastische Suite was composed in 1930 in Lavry’s European style for which he was known prior to immigrating to Israel. Though this is a very early composition, Lavry’s quintessential writing technique and orchestration are evident.
The composition was originally published by the famous music publisher Reis & Erler g.m.b.h, Berlin. A copy of the score still exists in the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin (State Library in Berlin).
- Premier: Riga Symphony Orchestra, 1930
- The Berlin Symphony Orchestra, November 2, 1930 and December 3, 1931
- Riga, on August 19, 1931
- Copenhagen – 1932/3 season
- The Paris Radio Orchestra, 1932